Hello Readers, our today’s point of discussion is an important one. Today we are going to explain to you How To Recover your Gmail Account in case you lose it. Here we are going to go step by step process for recovering your Google account and will tell you how you can Secure Your Account.
Table Of Contents
How To Recover Gmail Account
First, let’s try to have a look at the scenarios where you can lose access to your Gmail account. As there can be many scenarios for which you may loose your account, we will explore most of the user cases here in our post.
There can be one of the following reasons or can be combinations of it for you to seek on How To Recover Gmail Account. Let’s tell you the Password Recovery process.
You forget your password
You forget the password of your Gmail account or Google Account Password. You may have forgotten it completely or you are trying to enter some uppercase letters in place or lowercase letters. Or missing some special characters, or maybe entering a number. There can be multiple reasons but the crux is Google is not getting the correct input from you. Out of all the reasons for people to seek ways how to recover a deleted Gmail account, the wrong password or not able to recall the correct password is one of the highest sought-after reasons.
You forget your mail ID
The second most prominent reason for losing access to your Gmail account is, you have forgotten your Gmail id. As mentioned above in the previous case, you may have forgotten it completely or may be entering the wrong user Id. By Mail id or user-id, we mean you forget your username.
Let’s understand the process of How To Recover a Gmail Account for each of the cases that we have explained above.
Recover Gmail Account for forget password case
Here are the steps on how to recover your Gmail account if you have forgotten your password.
- Since you don’t have access to your password, click on forget the password or alternatively go on Google Recovery Page.
- Enter your username.
- Enter the most recent Password You Remember. Please note that though you have forgotten your current password, you must be remembering your recent password. The more recent you enter, the easier it will be for you to get the answer regarding how to recover your Gmail account without password and mobile number.
- Try to log in from the same machine that you generally use to log in to your account. This will help Google to determine that you are the legitimate owner of the account that you are trying to recover.
- You will be asked to enter the recovery code that Google will send to your recovery phone number or the recovery mail id, these are the details that you must enter during the time of account creation. If you have mentioned the recovery phone number or mail, you would be able to recover your account and don’t have to go further in search of How To Recover Gmail Account. However, if the recovery phone number and mail id was not associated with your Google account, you can go and explore the topic further.
- You are suggested to use the same internet network and the same browser also.
- You will be asked to answer a few questions. These are the question that you mentioned at the time of your account creation. These are the question Google generally asked for those who haven’t mentioned any recovery phone number or any recovery email id.
Try to answer the question to the best of your knowledge. These are mostly case-sensitive. So if you name SAM as your dog, Sam will not be accepted. Always pay attention to these small details.
If you have named your First city Delhi and if this is not accepted, try to Enter New Delhi. We mean to say that there may be a chance that you have chosen a different version for the answer to your question; however, you are entering a different one now.
These steps will surely help you in your quest of Recovering your Gmail Account. Don’t forget to Reset Your Password once you entered into your mail. Always have a strong password.
Recover Gmail Account for forget username case
There are incidents where you have forgotten your User name or mail ID. Following are the steps to recover your account in case you have forgotten your Username.
- You will be asked to enter the recovery phone number or mail id.
- Once you state the correct recovery mail id or phone number, you will be asked to enter the first and last name of your account.
- You will receive the verification code on your mail id or on your phone number.
- If you enter the correct details you will be given details of your account.
- If you don’t remember your recovery phone or mail id, then there won’t be any option for your to recover your account hence you won’t be able to answer about Recovering of your Gmail Account.
- Google even suggests you similar username which you may select and enter the password. The correct combination will take you to your account. This way you can Regain Access To Your Account
Best Practices for Easy Recovery of Your Gmail Account
As per the experience of users, we can state with authority that if you follow the following practices, it will be easier for you to recover your Google account.
- Try to remember your password. You can write down it in the language of your choice that only you can understand and save it in a safe place.
- You can send mail to your other mail IDs, this will help you remember the username.
- Always mentioned the recovery phone number and Recovery mail id.
- If you lose access to your phone number, make sure you change it in your Gmail id as soon as possible.
- Make a pattern while answering the security question. For example, if you have selected your first dog as one of the security questions, then if Tommy is your answer, make a pattern of it as TOMMY, Tommy and Tommy will be treated differently.
- You can always note down your security question as hints in a safe place.
FAQ on How to Recover Gmail Account
Now in this section, we will try to We will be exploring the other queries that readers may like to ask about Gmail account recovery.
How can I recover my Gmail account without a phone number?
If you want to recover your Gmail account without a phone number, then must have your recovery Email id or answer to the security question. For best practice, you note down hints of these questions in some of your dairy etc.
How to recover deleted mail from Gmail?
The mail you have deleted will be stored in trash folders for 30 days. You can recover these emails before 30 days. However, after 30 days or if you have cleared the trash folder manually, there won’t be any way to recover deleted mails.
How to recover Google account without phone number?
The procedure has been explained in detail in the given post here. Please go through the post in detail to know about how to recover a Google account without a phone number.
How to recover deleted emails from Gmail?
You have 30 days to recover these emails. The mail you have deleted will be stored in trash folders for 30 days, after 30 days; there won’t be any way to recover deleted mail.
How to recover a disabled Gmail account?
You can request Google to re-enable your disabled Gmail account. However you can only do it 5 times a year and if not enabled for a longer period, it will be deleted permanently from Google servers.
With this, we are coming to the end of our post. Hope this post is able to answer your query about How To Recover Gmail Account. If there are some questions still pending, you can ask them in the comment box. We will try to answer your question. Don’t forget to bookmark us.
You Can Subscribe to our YouTube channel for such interesting videos.